08/04/2018 - New Check-In Kiosks at Minor Hall:
The University Eye Center is proud to announce the launch of our new check-in kiosks starting Tuesday, August 7th. When you arrive at the clinic, please follow the signs past the front desk to the check-in line on the far side of the lobby. This is where our new check-in kiosks are located and where you will check-in for your exam. Have your driver’s license and insurance card available and ready for scanning when you check-in. For patients with Visions Services Plan (VSP), you do not have a card. For non-UC SHIP patients, your Insurance ID is most likely the last four digits of your SSN#. If you are prompted to enter your Insurance ID for VSP, please use this for digit number. If you are a UC SHIP patient, you have a unique VSP Insurance ID provided by the Student Health Plan. Please have this number ready if the kiosk asks for your Insurance ID for VSP. Don’t worry, our staff will be standing by to assist you if you have any questions with the check-in process.
Our new Check-in System:
- Streamlines the check-in process
- Reduces check-in wait times
- Reduces redundant paperwork
- Your privacy and the security of your information is very important to us. This system keeps all your information completely secure and confidential, by fully complying with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability) guidelines and is in full compliance with all privacy rules and regulations. In fact, your information is fully encrypted allowing us to protect your data even more securely than ever before.
- Ensures your information is accurately submitted to your insurance company, which will help your claim get processed quickly and correctly and will help eliminate calls from our office and your insurance company to you.
Your time is important to us. We strive to ensure that our patients receive the best customer service that we can provide. For concerns or the most up-to-date information, please give us a call at 510-642-2020.