Oculus PENTACAM HR
We utilize the top quality, technologically advanced STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System with eye-tracking capability to perform LASIK and PRK. The STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser also allows a customized wavefront correction in conjunction with the WaveScan WaveFront™ System. This technology captures the unique imperfections of each patient's eye to design a truly customized treatment that removes the corneal aberrations in order to achieve superior quality of vision after LASIK and PRK.
STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System
During bladeless or all-laser LASIK, the flap is created using a femtosecond laser which results in a more precise, smooth, and even flap. Furthermore, the surgeon can tailor the flap parameters, such as depth, edge angle, and centration, to complement the surface of your eye resulting in the 'perfect flap' which locks neatly back in place after surgery.
Laser Flap Creation
We utilize the IntraLase™ Laser, which is generally considered to be the gold standard in LASIK eye surgery. This advanced technology results in greater biomechanical superiority, faster recovery time, excellent visual acuity, and unmatched safety.
LASIK with the IntraLase Method
- Using an "inside-out" process, the laser beam is precisely focused to a point within the cornea.
- The laser pulses then create thousands of microscopic bubbles which define the incision within the intracorneal surface.
- Along the edge bubbles are then stacked up at a beveled angle - a feature unique to the IntraLase Method - to the corneal surface to complete the flap.
- From start to finish, the IntraLase Method typically takes about 20 seconds.
- The physician then exposes the prepared corneal bed for excimer laser treatment (the second step of LASIK) by lifting the flap.
- The LASIK procedure is complete when the flap is securely repositioned on its beveled edge.
To learn more about the PENTACAM, STAR S4 IR EXCIMER LASER, and INTRALASE, please schedule an individual consultation by calling (510) 643-2860.